SEC is an independent evangelical church based in the centre of Shrewsbury. We are made up of people from a wide range of ages and backgrounds. We love and trust the Lord Jesus Christ and we believe that the Bible is God’s Word to us. We rely on it to teach us what to believe and how to live. Our aim is to listen to God’s Word and follow what it teaches.
The word ‘Evangelical’ in our name means that we identify with Christians who for 2000 years have looked to the Bible for what to believe and do. We thank God for all he has done for us, and we believe his promises; that he is with us now, and that we shall be with him for ever. For all this we worship him, and we warmly invite you to join us.
- God is personal and has spoken to us in his Word, the Bible.
- He made all things.
- The human race rebelled against him and rejected him.
-We are individually responsible for our sins.
- We must face God as our judge.
- God is holy, merciful and loving.
- He has not abandoned us.
- He sent Jesus Christ, his only Son, to be our Saviour.
- Forgiveness is offered to all, and that all who believe in Jesus Christ will be forgiven.
Our worship is:
- Centred on Jesus Christ – God can only be approached through Jesus Christ.
- Simple – easy to follow and without complicated rituals or ceremonies.
- Bible-based – seeking to follow God’s ways of worshipping and serving him.
You can download our formal basis of faith as a document here: SEC basis of faith.